ECO UPDATE: MAY/JUNE 2015
WARNING: CALIFORNIA’S IN A SERIOUS DROUGHT!
We found a reliable and fact based article on our current drought situation!
ENLIGHTEN YOURSELF HERE GIRLS: http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2015/04/everything-you-wanted-know-about-california-drought
6 WAYS WE BELIEVE YOU CAN CONSERVE OUR PRECIOUS H2O!
1.Do away with your LAWN, plant NATIVE fauna! (succulent gardens are great, because not only do they save water, but they are totally in these days)
2. Tofu Tuesdays? Meatless Mondays! Cut out the amount of animal based products you consume and it can truly make a difference in water conservation.
Don't believe us then check this out:
3. Did you know your toilet can waste around 7 gallons of water per flush! If its yellow…. you know the rest! Install low flow toilets or just skip out on a couple flushes!
4. I know its great to have a long warm shower… but don't make it excessive! Put on your favorite 3 minute or less song while you shower and get out as soon as its over.
5. Collect water! Put a 1 gallon container underneath your bath faucet and when you turn it on to shower it will collect that water over time and you can then use it to water your succulent garden!
6. Check for leaks around your place and hang dry your clothes! (dryers are overrated anyway)
SOME GOOD NEWS!
The Creation of World’s Largest Single Marine Reserve is in the works!
This happening around the Pitcairn Islands, where some of the cleanest waters in the world exist!
The Pitcairn Islands are some of the most remote on Earth as well. The surrounding waters contain intact deep-sea ecosystems, and their coral reefs harbor abundant sharks and large fishes. In March 2015 the U.K. government established the area as a no-take marine reserve, the largest single reserve in the world.
Enlighten yourselves here Ocean babes: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/03/150318-pitcairn-marine-reserve-protected-area-ocean-conservation/